Podcasts… consider it done!
The Stirlitz Media Podcaster (SMP) add-on allows you to create repeating exports of video and audio from your Stirlitz Media Logger. SMP operates in a fully automated mode and can generate multiple Podcasts per source, selecting the media based on time, information from embedded “playing now” metadata, your play-out software “as-run logs” or GPI events.
Stirlitz Media Podcaster of course automatically generates the html/xml files with meta-data and uploads the files to other network shares or FTP servers.
If, for some reason, Stirlitz Media Podcaster fails to record, compile or upload the Podcasts, you will automatically receive a warning by email and/or SMS!
Stirlitz Media Podcaster features:
- automatic export of video and/or audio from SML archives.
- export scheduler (for example: export automatically all media from 7am to 8am, every workday, from station X on server Y)
- export audio range based on metadata, events and OnAir integration.
- export news, traffic, weather reports, minutes after airing, regardless of when they start and how long they last.
- automatic generation of html/xml files
- automatic upload of media/html/xml to network share/ftp server
- support for multiple servers
- support for servers in multiple time zones
SMP Script examples
Stirlitz Media Podcaster automatically extracts parts of the logged audio, combines it with external audio files, adds html/xml scripts and uploads it to the web, iTunes ready if you want.
SMP can use all the start and end times registered in Stirlitz Media Logger (link), including from the play-out system as-run log: start and end times of jingles, commercials, songs etc; from the console, events such as mike-open, mike-close or any other console action; and start/end times of jingles, commercials, songs using Stirlitz Media Inspector (link).
- Podcast the live entries of your morning show only, without the music and commercials, starting with a commercial and ending with a special promo.
Procedure: We know when the morning show starts and ends, for example Monday through Friday, 6am through 9am. So, when the show finishes, the Podcaster only selects those parts of the log of the last three hours where the studio-mike was open, plus a few seconds before opening and after closing. It takes a special bumper-file and places that in-between, applying cross-fades. SMP places the advertisement in front and the promo in the end, selects the html/xml files and uploads it.
Fully automated, every day, just minutes after broadcast end, your morning show is available on your website.
- Podcast your traffic reports and make them available through a premium phone number.
Procedure: We don’t know exactly when these reports will air. So at a (for example) 2 minute interval, SMP will search for jingle “traffic start”. When it doesn’t find it, it will search again in 2 minutes. When it does find it, it places a “Mark-in” at start-time of that jingle. Then it starts searching for jingle traffic-end (or jingle commercials-start, or start of first commercial category depending on your clock), If it doesn’t find it, because traffic did not end yet, it will try again in one minute. When it does find it, SMP will place “Mark-out” there, export the audio, place a commercial in front and a promo in the end (using crossfades) and codes and will upload it to the server. Minutes after your traffic news aired, it is available on a premium number, earning you revenues without you having to do anything.
The possibilities are endless. Make a separate podcast of the “funny bit” quarter past seven. Podcast your news, columns, chart show… anything. Create a script once, and SMP will do the job, untill you tell it to stop.